Volunteer! Contribute time, expertise, or labor!
We appreciate all who help with the festival! Here are a few volunteer tasks:
- Distribute posters and information in Bloomington and surrounding communities prior to festival
- Meet, greet, transport, and/or escort guest artists to hotels, venues, and IND airport; some reimbursement is available for driving to and from IND, and we need drivers to transport artists locally (from downtown hotels to venues away from downtown, such as Cardinal Spirits on Aug. 14 and schools on Aug. 15)
- Help transport pianos; pick-up trucks needed in good weather
- Set up at Monroe County History Center for Master Class on Stride Piano Saturday afternoon
- Staff table and check-in participants and observers at Monroe County History Center prior to Master Class
- Set up at Unitarian Universalist Church for Master Class on How We Approach Jazz Piano on Saturday afternoon
- Set up Sunday morning inside Monroe Convention Center; we need a few burly people in particular
- Take tickets and distribute programs Sunday afternoon in Lobby at Monroe Convention Center
- Assist in selling artists' CDs and festival merchandise Sunday afternoon at Monroe Convention Center
- Take photos and videos at festival venues and events
- Tear down Sunday evening at Monroe Convention Center
To volunteer, or for information about volunteering, use the Contact form.